Easy Weeknight Recipe: Burger in a Bowl
Burgers are a weekly staple at our house during the summer. Since my toddler decided she no longer likes chicken, sometimes a burger is all I can get her to eat. I figure hubby probably doesn’t want to be standing at the grill in a parka and snow boots, so I developed this Burger in a Bowl recipe to get us through the colder months.
It’s crazy easy.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb. ground sirloin or other lean beef
- 1 Tbsp. Pappy’s seasoning
- shredded lettuce
- 6 slices bacon
- red onion
- shredded cheese
- Ranch dressing
*Aside from the ground beef and shredded lettuce, these ingredients are completely customizable. If you would put it on your burger, throw it in your bowl.
- Season ground beef with Pappy’s or other seasoning. Brown in a skillet, draining grease as needed.
- While beef is browning, coarsely chop tomato, onion, pickles, and bacon.
- Mix lettuce, cooked beef, and toppings in a bowl. Drizzle with Ranch.
If you can brown ground beef, you can make this recipe. Picky eaters? No problem! Just put out the toppings buffet style so everyone can choose what to put in their bowl.
Let me know if you try this recipe at your house. I’m excited to hear what variations you all come up with!